Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Collection - Reverse Wash System


Recently, TRESemme released a brand new collection featuring the game changing reverse wash technique! The beauty-full volume collection contains 5 products to achieve soft, touchable, voluminous hair.

I actually remember trying the reverse washing idea many years ago after reading it in a magazine. There wasn't any products made for it though so I'm really excited that TRESemme came out with products specifically made for this technique.


Step 1: Pre-Wash Conditioner: You start off your hair washing by conditioning your hair. The product binds to the cuticle to protect hair during washing and leaves it smooth and polished. It's a weird feeling at first but I do enjoy how my hair is not so tangled by the time I start to shampoo. Usually my hair will be in knots and difficult to wash, but by using the conditioner first, my hair is detangled and smooth before shampooing.

The consistency of the conditioner is more liquidy than others. However, after leaving it in my hair for a minute, the ends became very soft! There is a light scent reminding me of the salon.


Step 2: Shampoo: The shampoo is suppose to wash out the dirt, oil as well as the conditioner so then there's nothing weighing your hair down. The shampoo is formulated with Fleximax Volumizers which helps control static and infuses your hair with volume. This shampoo lathered up so much!! I had a lot of fun with the amount of foam it created. The shampoo didn't leave my hair squeaky clean which is perfect since there is no conditioner after to smooth it out. Also, the scent of green apples in this shampoo was just amazing.

If you use this system consistently, I'd recommend switching it up with a more clarifying shampoo to avoid build up of product. Since the shampoo is not so heavy duty, I do think another shampoo is necessary to break up the routine.


Step 3: Maximizer: Once you are done with your shower, you can put in the Hair Maximizer for additional volume and bounce. I don't know how much of a difference this makes but I really enjoy putting it through my hair to detangle and smooth the strands. I've been in the routine of putting some type of cream in my hair and using this is the perfect way to detangle after I get out of the shower.


Overall I enjoyed the entire system as it left my hair feeling soft and weightless. I did not notice any volume increase per say, but I have very thick hair already so it's not a main concern. The reverse wash idea is really great if you want to keep your hair fresher for a longer number of days. Since you are washing out the conditioner, there will be less build up in your hair. The products were also hydrating so it definitely smoothed out my hair and left it soft and manageable.


In addition to the shampoo, conditioner and maximizer, there is a mouse and a hairspray to round out the collection. Have you tried reverse washing before? What's the number 1 thing you look for in your hair care routine?

Comments

Popular Posts