[Travel] First Week in Hong Kong

Hi Everyone! Sorry for being MIA. But here it is, my first travel post!!

It's been crazy hectic and it feels like I've been here for a month already! I'll try to summarize what I've done through pictures!

Monday- Tuesday: Flying

Leaving the YVR airport for a 1am flight!

Travelling with my friend who will be attending CUHK. Looking disoriented after a 14 hour flight landing at 4am in Shanghai! A horrible picture of us.

Napping everywhere during our layover in Shanghai

This beauuuuttiful island which I still don't know what it is haha.

There's no pictures for this but moving in was sooo difficult! There were lots of stairs and I had to lift my heavy luggage everywhere!

Thank goodness I found some people to have dinner with and after that we went on top of a residential hall and this was the view! How beautiful is this?!

My living accommodation is very different from what it's like in North America. I share a room with two other girls. And six girls share one shower and bathroom. The kitchen only has a sink and hot plate and everything looks really dirty! But this is all part of the exchange experience and I'm quickly adapting!

Wednesday: Orientation + Wan Chai


I don't have any photos of Wednesday! But pretty much I ran around the campus picking up my orientation materials and hitting up Wan Chai with other exchange students. 

My friend who was in Hong Kong for vacation also took me around Central to get all my errands done! Thank goodness for friends who know the city!

Thursday: TST + LKF


I really wanted to explore the city so I called some friends out to Tsim Sha Tsui. I'm not too sure what the area is known for, but we were sick of eating at the canteen and wanted real HK food.

Waiting excitedly for food!

The beautiful Avenue of Stars!! Such gorgeous lights, it just took my breathe away!


The whole group!

After that we explored TST some more, took the ferry back to Hong Kong Island and ended up in LKF just like every other exchange student haha!

Friday: Orientation


A full day of orientation which actually wasn't very useful. I stayed in to catch up on some rest and finish unpacking.


Saturday: Shopping


The whole week I didn't have a pillow and I've been using a jacket as a blanket. So I finally attended one of the tours hosted by HKU. I bought a bunch of things to finally settle into my flat and make it a bit more appealing.

And the most exciting beauty related item??!

My Beauty Diary masks! I've read so much about them and can't wait to try it out and indulge myself in some relaxation.


Isn't this crazy looking? The local students participate in a cheering competition between the halls. They've been practicing all week which has been annoying. But the actually competition today was crazy. The unison and the discipline these students possess is something we never see in North America.

It's now 10pm but the night is still young! We'll see where I end up tonight! Possibly checking out another club in town.

If you stuck with me through that whole post, you are a trooper! Thank you so much for reading and letting me share my adventures :)

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts