Empties 2012


MARCH

In Empties posts, I will show you what products I have recently finished. When I read beauty blogs this is my favorite thing to read!

So for March I finished three things
1) Sample YSL Parisenne perfume
2) ELF waterproof eyeliner pen

Let me know if you enjoy these types of posts :)

APRIL
This month I used up a lot of every day products. Not so much makeup related. I had to move out of residence so I tried to finish as much as possible. 


1) Crest Pro Health Mouth Wash
2) ReNu Contact Lens Cleaner
3) Crest Scope Toothpaste
4) Givency Hot Couture Perfume Sample

Unpictured:
5) 100 pack of Cotton Pads
6) Mouth freshsener


This was finished during my vacation to Mexico!
-Bath and Body Works Blushing Cherry Blossom

MAY


1) Blistex Lip Medex
2) Sugar Lip Treatment
3) Chanel Chance eau Tendre sample vial
4) Rimmel Gental Eye Makeup Remover
5) Sensodyne Toothpaste

Yay I finished two lip balms. I have so many at home that I need to go through them ASAP. Can't justify buying the Rimmel Lip Butters until I have less lip products.

JUNE
So this month I haven't had a lot of time to put on makeup. I just started a new job and have been working lots. What I did develop is a candle obsession! They literally make every moment feel more special.


With this post, I will also add a little bit of my thoughts and not just a list of products. I know I haven't posted very much recently

-Dermalogical Multi-Active Toner: I've been using this for three or four years now. It's a really great product that you mist on before you put on your moisturizer. However, at 43 dollars per bottle, I'm not sure how much effect it actually has on my skin.I probably won't be repurchasing it this time and will tryout some other products.

-Bath and Body Works Candles: I'M IN LOVE. So glad that they are having their semi annual sale, I stocked up on lots of candles. Here are the mini ones I tried in June. I wanted to test out a couple scents before purchasing a larger pot. The only bad thing about these mini candles is how much is left in the pot. I'd say 1/5 of it can't burn. If anyone knows how to burn the last bit, let me know!

Oceanside: My absolute favorite!! It smells like boyfriend in a cup. I know that's the weirdest description ever, but it kind of smells like cologne but not that strong. It definitely makes me think of a relaxing day at the ocean park. It's really light so I would recommend it for a small space like a bathroom. Currently, it's sitting in my closet, I'm hoping the smell would transfer to my clothes! I will definitely be getting a big pot of this!

Market Peach: This smelled so good in the pot but there's no throw in the air. You literally have to put your nose right next to the wick to smell anything when it burns. I wouldn't recommend this one. Such a shame because when it's not burning, it smells so juicy and just like a real peach!

Blackberry Grapefruit: I thought this would be a lot fruity but it has a heavy vanilla scent to it. It was enough smell to cover a bedroom but I'm into light and fruity scents so I wouldn't repurchase. This would be great for anyone who likes rich scents like vanilla.

Also I tossed out my Avon mascara. It was horrendous. Clumped like no other. I barely used it but I gave up.
JULY

Here's what I've used up.

-Colgate Toothpaste- nothing exciting here
-Veet Wax Strips -  these are easy to use although it's pretty time consuming. the hair grows back softer but shaving is much easier
-Bath and Body Works Wild Strawberry Candle- YUM! Everyone needs to have candles
-David's Tea in Daydreamer- If you like a light green tea, you have to try this!
-Clinque Moisture Surge- This worked okay but I wouldn't repurchase this
-Hot Givency Perfume Sample-It's a good scent for going out, I would recommend testing this out!
-CG Lash Blash Length-  I quite liked this mascara. Gives length but not too much volume
-Love& Beauty Curling mascara- WORST MASCARA EVER. I decided to give it another chance but when I pulled it out there was a goop of mascara. So I wiped it off and when I put it back in, more goop came out.

AUGUST



This is what I've used up in the month of August.

Simple cleansing facial wipes- I really like these, first time using facial wipes. Great for when you come home late and don't want to wash your face

BBW Cuccumber Melon- Just a meh lotion. Smells nice but nothing amazing.

Very Hollywood by Michael Kors- This perfume smells so good! Kind of feminine but also very islandy. Must try!

Sugar lip treatment in Rose - Read Review

Estee Lauder More than Mascara- Read Review

Love and beauty mascaras: They are all unused but I had to throw them out cause it was so bad!
-lengthening
-defining & separating
-maximizing

SEPTEMBER



This month, I had to toss out a lot of items. I've been trying to downsize and reorganize my make up collection. I actually don't wear too much make up but I love collecting it. Although recently I realized how silly that is. So I've been trying to weed out some products.

Things I used
-Anna Sui Secret Wish: This smells amazing! I would consider purchasing this full size
-David's Tea Organic Ever Green: Tastes terrible :( I usually like all of David's Tea but not this one
-Wet n Wild Retractable Eyeliner
-Infusium hair conditioner: Really cool product that you can just put on any time of the day. No need to rinse and it hydrates your hair! I liked it.

Things I tossed
-Sally Hansen in Stony Creme: It got too goopy :(
-Rimmel Vinyl Gloss: I think it went bad. Smells funny
-ELF Hypershine: This smelled funny too. And really weird consistency
-Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover: I don't like oily removers so I just emptied it.

I would love to read what you've finished this month! Are any of you guys on a buying ban?
November

Since school started, I haven't been wearing much makeup. But now that I see all the holiday sets and palettes from Sephora, I wish I used more makeup and had more of an excuse to buy new things. So this makes me more determined to finish up some of my products. I've gone to giving my mom some items so we can power through things together!

Following is my feeble efforts from the past months.

As the weather turns colder, BBW Candles are my must have items.
I really enjoyed Passion Flower. Autumn Day smells EXACTLY like an autumn day. Pineapple Mango was good but a bit too fruity. And I hated Lemon, it smells like a public bathroom!

Here are some other products.
Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous: will not be repurchasing, did not like this.
Coach Poppy Perfume Sample: this smelled nice but wasn't worth repurchasing
David's Tea- The Earl of Lemon: a lemony twist on earl grey tea
Dermalogica- Special Cleansing Gel: I need to repurchase this, been using it for about 2 years and it's great! Although it's quite pricey so I'm waiting on my mom to go to the spa and pick some up for me.

December


This month I used up a bunch of boring everyday items haha!

1) Bath and Body Works Candle in White Musk: pretty good scent
2) Pantene Pro-V Shampoo
3) Colgate Whitening Toothpaste
4) Floss
5) David's Tea in Santa's Secret: THIS IS AMAZING!
6) David's Tea in Alphine Punch: this wasn't that good :(

I'm really trying to use up a lot of beauty related products in 2013 so I can buy some new things. I've officially banned (maybe a little leeway) myself from buying makeup until I use up my products. I just moved back to live in my school dorms so I brought only my basics so it will be easier to use up. The things I do want to get are
-a creamy undereye concealer
-a very hydrating tinted moisturizer or foundation
Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular Posts