Recent Events

Recently I got to attend some events and I wanted to share what's been going on in my life and also what's been going on in Vancouver.

Awards Night

Every year our school holds an awards night to recognize those that volunteered their time. This year it was held at Four Seasons. We got to enjoy a delicious dinner and fun entertainers while celebrating the success of students and faculty members.

 

What I wore
Floral dress + belt- bought in Asia
Quilted clutch- Aldo
Black heels- Wild Diva

I tried to curl my hair but it didn't really work out. It turned into a nice beachy wave though so I was happy with it!

Grad Night

I volunteered at my school's grad night both because I wanted to help out and see what it's like and also to enjoy the evening with my boyfriend.




I wanted to save it for my own grad to buy a special dress so I bought my whole outfit from Forever 21.

Dress- $24.80
Necklace - $6.90
Belt- $4.80

Beige Heels- Spring Shoes
Watch- Michael Kores

Overall, I spent less than $40 to buy my outfit for grad night so I was pretty pleased with myself!

Here I am with my friend check out her blog here!

Vancouver Auto Show
Every year, Vancouver hosts an Auto Show. This year it was at the Vancouver Convention Center. Tickets are $15 per adult but we had passes to go for free! You can check out their website.

I'm not into cars at all but I actually had a fun time sitting in different models and entering all the contests. I won a Volkswagen!....waterbottle haha.

Surprisingly there was a lot of common cars like Mazda, Honda, Jeep. I was expecting a lot of exotic cars but there was only a small selection of it.





Overall I had a good time and I would recommend checking it out next year even if you aren't into cars! Just don't expect to see lots of luxury or exotic cars.


Plenty Warehouse Sale
I don't have any pictures from the sale unfortunately but I bought
A pleated skirt- $19.99
A basic tank- $9.99



The items were really good quality and at a great price. The sale was organized much better than the aritiza warehouse sale. The employees were constantly restocking the racks with items girls tossed behind in the dressing rooms.

If you are interested in sample sales, check out this website!
Sign up for their emails to receive the latest news. You'd be amazed at how many sample sales there are out there!

Greater Vancouver Zoo
I went to the zoo this weekend with my family to soak up the sunshine. Compared to zoos I've been to in China, this definitely wasn't the top zoo. The animals all have a lot of space almost like a wild life park but the disadvantage is that visitors are not able to view them up close!

The highlight was the lion feeding and the giraffe feeding. I still had a ton of fun being silly and taking pictures. But you don't get that close encounter with exotic animals. There were a lot of moose, antelopes, caribous and that type of animals.

I would recommend it for a nice day out either for a special occasion (anniversary?), or a family weekend out. You end up playing a game of who can spot the animal first.

Check out the details here http://www.gvzoo.com/

Bloglovin!
I finally just added Bloglovin! As you might have heard, Blogger is getting rid of their Google Friend Connect widget this summer. I am still hoping that they will keep it due to consumer demands. But just in case, I have set up Bloglovin so you can follow me there as well :)

Follow on Bloglovin

Longest post ever? I think so! Thanks for sticking it out and reading to the bottom. Hope you found some parts of it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts